Friday, December 20, 2019

I have enjoyed an eye opening semester

The Lord has blessed me with renewed focus and drive to continue my education and take on responsibilities well over my comfort zone.

Thank you, Brother Marler.

When I started this blog, I said to myself:

You have understood the need to take the learning you have acquired over the years and apply it to your life. It is obvious you struggle with ADD and the need to make lists and prioritize first things first, as Steven Covey has pointed out to you. You also know you need to embrace being transparent and curious with yourself, as outlined by Roger M. Schwarz, and choose some stepping stones to begin your journey.

You are not ready to work out a star and work backward even though you are getting on in age. But, there are some stable character traits you could embrace as masteries that would be well within your ethical bonders and pointed in the right direction.

Brainstorming some character traits to master:

The law of abundance.
First things first.
Transparency.
Curiosity.
Be proactive.
Hungry, Humble, and Smart. (Patrick Lencioni)

Your greatest weakness is procrastination. Once you get started and are in a hyperfocus mindset, you can get things done. But, getting started is the problem.


I have established proactive priority-based habits to help myself to help others. I suppose the Lord took notice and called me as the bishop.
If I had one final lecture to share with a group of students on what I have learned from this course, what would I share?

   I have given this lecture in the last few years as my kids have left home. It starts exhorting them to seek after and develop the spiritual gift of discernment. Followed by a talk about strengths and weaknesses. Concluding with loving encouragement to follow their dreams by serving others.













What would be my last bit of advice to someone wanting to begin the entrepreneur journey?

  The last bit of advice I would give would be to expect to fail with a journal and camera in hand you learn the most from experience.





What words of advice, direction, or caution would I give him or her if I had only one chance to give my own last lecture?
   My last words of advice, direction, and caution would be to love what you do, who you are with, and your surrounds or change things so you can.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

I have enjoyed an eye opening semester

The Lord has blessed me with renewed focus and drive to continue my education and take on responsibilities well over my comfort zone. Than...