Life Plan Stars and Steppingstones Chart for Scott Pratt
2019

Preface
I have worked hard my entire life, I have always had a job, touch wood, working for someone else and making them money. I have never considered myself smart another to start and run my own business after failing as a young man. I have had a successful carrier working for the US Government as an Aviation Safety Inspector, currently holding a supervisory position. My current work environment has progressed to allow me to volunteer for details and workgroups. I have managed my training and experience to open these opportunities in a vast array of government agencies.
Now, I am almost sixty and want security and opportunities to serve my brothers and sisters with my wife by my side. With that thought in mind I present my Life Plan from here on.
Star
By the time I reach the age of 65 I will be able to confidently retire from public service and Heidi and I will be in a position spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and finically to volunteer our time and talents in the direction the Holy Ghost directs us. We will live out our days helping our family and anyone else the Lord puts in our path. I want to continue to be known as a loving and responsible parent, grandparent, and great grandparent. I want everyone that shares a concern or worry they have, that my first response will always be “Have you prayed about that?” and the second to be “Have you had a Priesthood blessing?”. I want to help others see gifts of thought that the Spirit places in ours minds when we ponder together and synergize.
Steppingstones
The steppingstones must cover the plan for spiritually, intellectually, physically, emotionally, and finically preparation required to arrive at the Star.
Spiritually: The steppingstones I will accomplish to be prepared spiritually for my Star are daily stones set across the eternities. Daily, I will lead my family in continuing to follow the current prophet and his suggestions, counsel, and commands. I will foster love in our family through prayer, scripture study, gathering our friends on both sides, and taking them to the Temple.
Intellectually: Through completing the Pathways Program, I have committed to stay in a perpetual state of learning. As a lifelong learner I will focus my education on the next steppingstone’s prerequisites. The short-term goal is Business Degree with the first steppingstone Introduction to Entrepreneurship. Also, I will continue take advantage of educational opportunities at work.
Physically: At 58 years, I am in poor physical condition. Heidi and I have both committed to be good to excellent condition as we turn 65 years in 2025 to accomplish our goal of serving a mission together for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Both of us put steppingstones in place at the beginning of this year to improve our combined and mutually supported health. Heidi had a complete knee replacement in April and was happy with the surgery, but disappointed with physical therapy. This month, September 2019, we have arranged to both be seen by the same physical therapist, to better advocate and encourage each other. Steppingstones going forward include daily walks, specific dietary modifications, and regular evaluations of health and fitness. The next two steppingstones are to continue with the physical therapist, following her direction and a 6-week ballroom dance starting October 21, 2019.
Emotionally: As a team effort, Heidi and I are striving for the same goal to be prepared for a mission in 2025, Heidi is currently working on her Family Relations degree through BYU-I on-line. We have had very engaging conversations as she learns how to interact with others and family, teaching me what I need to look for, as age appropriate learning, as I play with the grandkids. I will rely on her progression through her courses and the leadership courses I will take as part of my employment to place the emotional steppingstones towards the Star.
Finically: The first steppingstone in the effort to reach my Star with Heidi financially is to know our money situation exactly. Today, we know generally that we live within our means, pay full and honest tithes an offering, and contribute 10% of my income to our 401K. We only have a general idea of how we will look in 2025. I do not have any formal education around finances and will need to employ someone to show me how to calculate, display, and manage the money we have. Generally, we have calculated our retirement income to match our current income less the mortgage which will be paid off in 2 years.
Ethical Guardrails
I will always…
1. Be true to my plan by keeping my eye on the Star.
2. Include Heidi in all decisions.
3. Focus on my spiritual goals first.
4. Be worthy to enter the Temple.
5. Take responsibility for the plan.
I will never…
1. Lie, cheat, or steal.
2. Ignore a prompting from the Spirit to me or Heidi.
3. Use another to advance the plan.
4. Blame anyone for my circumstances.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.